Frequently Asked Questions
** ANNOUNCEMENT FOR OUR CURRENT CLIENTS**
Effective Saturday 2/26/2022, we are switching our online practice software from Simple Practice to Therapy Notes.
You will receive a welcome email from Therapy Notes sometime between 5/8/22 and 5/15/22, which will provide a link for you to complete three important forms BEFORE your next scheduled session.
These forms are explained below:
1) Payment authorization form: You will need to enter your credit card information into our new system (if you are not using insurance benefits to cover your sessions). Unfortunately we are unable to "see" your credit card information that was securely stored in Simple Practice so we cannot do this part on our own.
2) History form: Yes, I know that you have already completed our clinical intake form in Simple Practice and I agree that this step is redundant (and kind of a pain) ... however, we are required to have this form completed in order to create our documentation paperwork. This will likely take about 5-10 minutes and please try to be somewhat thorough in your responses even though we already know you. :)
3) Contact forms: Please add forms for your emergency contact person, your primary care physician, your psychiatrist of other medication providers, your child's school, and any other providers or agencies that you would like us to coordinate care with. Please note that you are NOT required to complete these forms; however, doing so allows us to communicate with the people you've asked us to work with.
I (Jill) personally pre-apologize for adding one more thing to your "to-do" list for this week as I know adulting is already overwhelming enough.
Thank you so much for working with us on this transition and you can email me directly at email@example.com if you have questions.
Are you meeting in person or online?
All of our clinicians are offering both in person and/or telehealth sessions, depending on your needs. Our offices are physically located in Asheville, NC and we work with people anywhere in NC.
Do you take my insurance?
Kelly Jean is "in network" with United, Aetna, and Cigna.
Kiana is "in network" with United, Aetna, and Cigna.
Jill is "in network" with Blue Cross.
Hopefully Kelly Jean and Kiana will be in with Blue Cross "sometime this summer!"
* Please note that we do NOT accept insurance for couples / marriage counseling.
* Please note that we are NOT in network with Medicaid or Medicare, and even if your Medicaid and/or Medicare policy is managed by one of the above listed insurance companies, we are unable to bill your insurance and you will be responsible for the full cost of sessions.
You are responsible for your portion of the payment (co-pay, deductible, co-insurance, etc) at the time of services. If you do not have the insurance mentioned above, we are considered "out of network" providers. That means you will pay the fee for services at the time of your appointment directly to Flourish and then you can seek reimbursement from your insurance company. We do accept HSA cards as therapy is considered a medically necessary service that is covered by most HSA plans.
You likely have "out of network" benefits through your insurer and we are happy to provide both an invoice and a superbill so that you can independently request reimbursement from your insurance company. The amount your insurance company reimburses you is dependent upon your individual policy guidelines. Please note that Medicaid does not typically reimburse for services that you have received from out-of-network providers.
You can contact your insurance company directly to determine whether you have "out of network" benefits for mental health treatment and what their reimbursement rates are. You will want to ask the following questions:
1. Do I have "out of network" benefits for mental health treatment?
2. Do I have a co-pay or deductible for "out of network" benefits?
3. If I have a deductible, what is that amount?
4. Tell them that you will receive a "superbill" and ask how to submit your claim to them directly.
5. If your insurance company asked what specific "CPT Codes" you will be using, please provide the following information: 90791 for the first intake session, 90837 for individual therapy, 90847 for family therapy, and 90846 for parenting sessions without your child present.
What are your fees?
Individual counseling sessions (55 minutes) are $175 per session.
Couples counseling sessions (75 minutes) are $250 per session.
Support groups (60 minutes) are $50-75 per participant per group.
We do offer a limited number of lower fee ($125-$150) sessions for folx without insurance.
How do intakes work?
Prior to scheduling an intake session, we will setup a free 15 minute telephone consultation in order to help us both determine whether we'll be a good fit for another. You can email us at "firstname.lastname@example.org" to schedule a consultation.
Do I need a formal mental health diagnosis to receive therapy?
If you would like to use your insurance benefits, to be provided with a superbill to access your "out of network" benefits, or to use your HSA card, we are required to demonstrate "medical necessity" for therapy, which does include having a formal mental health diagnosis.
If you elect to pay privately and NOT use insurance benefits for therapy, we are not required to make a formal mental health diagnosis.